Instagram Posts

Friday, September 15, 2017

[REVIEW] Mr. Maybe by Jane Green

[BOOK INFO]
Title: Mr. Maybe
Author: Jane Green
Genre: Chicklit
Reading periode: 23 - 26 June 2017
Ratings: 🌟🌟🌟🌟
[REVIEW]
I really need to congratulate myself for finished reading this book. 357 pages in English! Woah! English is not my native language but you can say that it is my second language. However, still, reading in Indonesian is a lot more faster. Ha ha ha! It's just the fact that I prefered to read books in their original language.

This is the second book of Jane Green I read. The first one is Jemima J., translated in Indonesian. Well, I must say that both of the books were written so beautifully and sweet in their own way. Love them both.


It just felt a bit boring in the beginning. I think it might because of the plot that a bit confusing for me. However, I still enjoyed the story.


This book is good for light romance reading. The issue was very common and I really can relate with the character's feelings and thoughts.


[QUOTES]
When someone gives you that tingly feeling in the pit of your stomach, you stop thinking about the rights and wrongs, the shoulds and should nots, and you just go with it. (page 2)
I don't want you, but I want you to want me anyway. (page 24)
It's a bastard isn't it, how everything changes when you've slept with someone. How, even though you know you're not going to fall for them, you still have expectations, and you'll still be disappointed in the end. (page 47)
As far as I'm concerned you have to give every relationship your all because if you're going to get hurt, you're going to get hurt, but at least at the end of it you'll know you gave it all your best shot. (page 75)
They say that it never hurts as much after the first time, and I suppose there's an element of truth in that, but they also say that every time you get hurt the barrier go up a little bit higher, and you end up being hard and cynical, and not giving anything to anyone. (page 143)
The ones that like you are never the ones you interested in, and the ones you like are always the bastards. (page 170)
Sometimes a little cry makes you feel a whole hell of a lot better. (page 183)

No comments:

Post a Comment